Friday, April 08, 2011

Dear Friends...

Twice in a week! Never on a Sunday :)

2 blogs from me and 2 songs that absolutely reached where I am at in the world.

First, earlier in the week, the divine Kate Bush came along with a re-working of her track "Deeper Understanding' from the upcoming new album 'Director's Cut'. Lyric and tune just perfection.
Then comes along into my worldly gaze this song by the awesome Guy Garvey and Elbow - 'Dear Friends' from their new sublime album 'Build A Rocket Boys'.

Someone once told me that they thought all the great songs had already been written.

Here is living proof they were wrong. One of THE great songs..

(I feel the need to post the lyrics and tune... 'You are Angels and drunks, you are Magi...')


"Dear Friends"
(words and music by Guy Garvey and Elbow)

Dear friends
You are angels and drunks
You are magi

Old friends
You stuck a pin in a map I was in
And this is a note for a road sign

Cuttin' the breeze in this tennesee sundown
Came the sounds of the voices I know
I've been pondering trees
On the steeliest come down
And now a moment I'm home

I've got bluster enough
For the sails of a clipper
And the truth never frays a good yarn
But it struck me to say while so far away
You are with me today
You are here are in my head, in my heart

Dear friends
You are angels and drunks
You are magi

Old friends
You stuck a pin in a map I was in
And you are the stars I navigate home by





Elbow - Dear Friends

1 comment:

Rainbow dreams said...

thanks for posting the lyrics.. what a great song...:)
Know that you are thought of and missed too!!