Friday, July 25, 2008

Beyond Repair

Of late, much of the old crap that has come my way has been just that..... beyond (reasonable cost of) repair.
Despite my best, extended efforts of time and patience, nous and pure 'give it a go' attempts, its just been like that of late.....
There has been the odd triumph, for which one must of course be ever grateful, and I guess all in all, things balance themselves out over time.

I think its this damn toothache (where there isnt even a tooth!) that is making me think negative, but reality tells me that, everything that is created, has a lifespan - nothing goes on forever...

There does come a time when every created thing is beyond repair....

And its off to the knackers yard.... (or ebay for 'spares or repairs only' as it is now known!!!!)

So I drift into wonder - when does God decide that our time of usefulness and forever breaking-down-edness finally cause him to consign us to lifes' knackers yard?
If, of course, that is how it is.
Does He suddenly one day say - 'Right thats it! - Enough time has been spent on this decrepit model - time to move on!" - and sling us annoyingly into the old wooden box...

Feck I know that I for one am just a patched up, wobbly, Friday-made prototype.
The wiring has fused many times, the mechanics creak, the main motor is a good chugger though (takes a hell of a lot of starting of a morning / afternoon!) - but can go all day and night at a steady pace.......
Bent, busted and broken, but still here.....


The Bee-sting
Poor little Danny today got stung by a bee (16 months old and he also learned to hop today as it got him right on the heel!).
So strange as I saw the bee that did it, not 10 minutes before it happened, on the ground just outside - only afterwards it struck me I should have pre-empted its strike by squishing it then, knowing he was in and out of the back door all afternoon (Danny, not the bee...)

I saw the bee, but allowed it to hurt my boy, not on purpose of course, it just didnt register til after the event. What a bad parent! Now every bee in the vicinity will be in for it just in case....

Not the bees fault of course I know that, what is it to do when a 2 foot high whirlwind bombs along and stamps on its arse - it attacks.
And so, in the attack it becomes..... beyond repair.
Its last defence, instinct, but alas (for the bee) all in vain.

Off to the great honey pot in the sky.........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

always thought god got it the wrong way round, should be wasps who become beyond repair not bees

hope the wee fella is good now - see you soon big fella at that thin place where we 'carry each other'