Thursday, September 28, 2006

iTunes 7 - a slight shift in the cosmos....


Never a fan of the mac, or apple software - due to the fact it was rammed down my throat at college way back, for music production, no option given, 'cept for the fact i always dothings me own way,and was always PC man......

HOWEVER!

my mate pipski (see and hear the piPod I done for his blogpage here ) - has always had faith in these Apple people, and gradually is turning me on to their stuff....

So, with this in mind, I hesistantly thought I would give the new iTunes 7 a really good workout, as the features ('specially the 'coverart' thingy), really seemed quite impressive....

Saying I was no fan of mac really REALLY applied to itunes and especially quicktime for windows.... i have never been able to get them to work at all ever on a PC.

So, no surprise when i spent 2 days trying to get the new version to work...... visited every forum going on the topic... there are a LOT of issues with it (some of them fixed now BTW with version 7.0.1 )

Eventually, by disabling 'ipodservice' in Windows Task Manager (ctrl, alt,delete) under 'Processes - i managed to get it up and running.

Wow.

Double effing wow.

I know there are issues - for instance with the coverart feature somehow managing to not find your album covers - quick fix is to search for your album covers in google images, or amazon, and just click and drag the image into the little box in the bottom left hand corner of iTunes, with the song highlighted that you want the image to apply to.

So, I designed some template proptotype album art stuff for the greenbelt mp3's that i produce.

See the little video below for whats (hopefully!)to come...

No comments: