Saturday, September 03, 2005

greenbelt reflections

'where's the coffee?' i asks the jules up in her bed, coming to do me first blog really since the festival last weekend.....i know she has a new pack of me favourite, but its not where it usually is.......this is only after me hunting in the same area for 5 minutes and getting frustrated........
"duh!....on the microwave!" says she.......as if it shouldnt be anywhere but.......
hmmmmm....
in all the time i been drinking this lovely stuff, the coffee has NEVER EVER lived 'on the microwave!..................i mumbles and grumbles me way in here with a mug, and its time to reflect one week later on a wonderful and profound, deep, painful, joyous weekend in August 2005.......

this amusing little event in itself kind of is profound in its own small way, as it is the catalyst for the thoughts i have gathered in the week, let me share them with you....

Home...
Thats where I am now
Its where I just went up to cuddle gracie and sooth her sobbing and lay a moment or 2 stroking her smooth perfect cheek as she falls into peaceful dreamy sleep.
Its where we spent the evening slobbing in front of the X factor and listening to the chick playing late on the floor and in the kitchen with her dollies, her babies, singing and dancing and nicking my socks off me when i was really content with my socks on.....
Its where today in me studio I finished ripping and uploading the last of the Greenbelt 2005 talks programme to MP3, which is now available here - 2 quid a pop, if you missed any or want to remember what was talked about, its up there now in cyberspace for , well for good i guess....

home...
its where i went last weekend, well, a week gone thursday actually, along with jules, grace, and keith the joiner, who, between us we had built the spanking new fantastico cd and tapes storage/ delivery system to shift the recordings to the beutiful punters who spent 10 grand or so on them at the festival.
Where all the weeks and months of careful preparaion and dreaming up came to fruition..
where i worked over the weekend with gill and steve and june in the recorded talks area, we did a job, we worked it baby........
where i did the backstage production and editing stuff for this man, pip wilson, who did his brill brill intimate 'soundtrack of my life' shows with robert and jude and paul
its where i sobbed in the control room with released frustration and real joy listenening to real people reveal their lives in 1 hour through the music of their lives, as they told their story
its where i connected and my heart beat and my soul revved like a harley d......

where i struggled and was strectched in ways like never before with trying to organise and physically be in 2 places at once
where my feet blistered and sciatica bad leg and back played up something rotten and left me totally exhausted and spent

where i heard angels singing, emiliana torrini lifted and carried my bulky frame on her sonic wings.....
where we danced a jig watching a big screen with 2 scottish twins singing the reels

where i spent 2 very late nights in someone elses hotel lobby, 8 miles from my own, just for the crack, level 5 conversations with pip, and brant and jeff and the rivertribe guys and ross and bonny and martyn

home....
which is the place where you can feel most..........
feel

from lonely to connected, and evereything in between, sometimes all at the same moment
where you can be overwhelmed and overcome with great true joy

where a guy who doesnt belong, belongs.....


so, for now, have a browse at the links here and share my weekend in august 2005

bigjohn

No comments: